    each.

    Thanks

    Ep
    Ep, Sep 16, 2003

  2. Off-topic.
    Alf P. Steinbach, Sep 16, 2003

  3. Ep

    Mike Wahler Guest

    Ep <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I need to put some text (and numbers) in Word and Excel.
    > How do I put
    > that into them?

    With standard C++ (the topic here), you can put text
    into a file. Then you can use Word or Excel's import
    facility to read the text file.

    You can create a text file with C++ as in this example:

    #include <fstream>

    int main()
    {
    std::eek:fstream textfile("stuff.txt");
    textfile << "some text" << '\n';
    return 0;
    }

    > Also how can I use the "hot keys" to navigate in
    > each.

    Read the documentation for a piece of software to
    learn how to use that software.

    -Mike
    Mike Wahler, Sep 16, 2003
  4. Ep

    Agent Mulder Guest

    <Ep>
    > I need to put some text (and numbers) in Word and Excel. How do I put
    > that into them? Also how can I use the "hot keys" to navigate in
    > each.

    </Ep>

    Good news for programmers in Windows using vim.exe. You can copy
    text (from internet zb) and paste it *in* vim. Never knew untill the cat
    jumped on it.

    -X
    Agent Mulder, Sep 16, 2003
  5. Ep

    Noah Roberts Guest

    Ep wrote:
    > I need to put some text (and numbers) in Word and Excel. How do I put
    > that into them? Also how can I use the "hot keys" to navigate in
    > each.

    Personally, I would use the keyboard...but that is just me.

    NR
    Noah Roberts, Sep 17, 2003
  6. Ep

    Ep Guest

    Sorry but I guess I was unclear as to what I am trying to accomplish.

    Here is the scenario:
    Run Word.exe (open up the Word to a blank document)
    "Type" in some text (using this application, not Word or the keyboard).
    Move/copy/paste the text that was just entered.
    Save the file to a name (dynamically named during execution).
    Run Excel.exe (open up the Excel to a blank worksheet)
    Enter some data, move to next cell, enter data, move, etc.
    Save the file

    Any ideas after using the execution function to open Word/Excel?

    Ep

    Ep, Sep 17, 2003
  7. Ep wrote:
    > Sorry but I guess I was unclear as to what I am trying to accomplish.

    Sorry, but I guess some of us were unclear that this is off-topic. You
    might try a Widows programming group. Standard C++ has no facilities for
    interfacing with other programs (other than the std::system function,
    which is very limited).

    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/offtopic.txt

    Also, please don't top-post. See section 5 of the FAQ for posting
    guidelines.

    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/

    -Kevin
    Kevin Goodsell, Sep 17, 2003
  8. Please do not top post. Rearranged.

    >> I need to put some text (and numbers) in Word and Excel. How do I put
    >> that into them? Also how can I use the "hot keys" to navigate in
    >> each.

    >Sorry but I guess I was unclear as to what I am trying to accomplish.

    No, you were very clear, but maybe the answers were not as clear as
    they should have been. This is what happens when half of the posts
    are off-topic, people get annoyed.

    It is impossible to accomplish this with Standard C++, you must use
    implementation-specific librairies. Since this is not the topic of
    this newsgroup, you must ask elsewhere.

    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

    Jonathan
    Jonathan Mcdougall, Sep 17, 2003