Put text in Word and Excel

Ep

I need to put some text (and numbers) in Word and Excel. How do I put
that into them? Also how can I use the "hot keys" to navigate in
each.

Thanks

Ep

Mike Wahler

Ep said:
I need to put some text (and numbers) in Word and Excel.
How do I put
that into them?

With standard C++ (the topic here), you can put text
into a file. Then you can use Word or Excel's import
facility to read the text file.

You can create a text file with C++ as in this example:

#include <fstream>

int main()
{
std::eek:fstream textfile("stuff.txt");
textfile << "some text" << '\n';
return 0;
}
Also how can I use the "hot keys" to navigate in
each.

Read the documentation for a piece of software to
learn how to use that software.

-Mike

Agent Mulder

I need to put some text (and numbers) in Word and Excel. How do I put
that into them? Also how can I use the "hot keys" to navigate in
each.
</Ep>

Good news for programmers in Windows using vim.exe. You can copy
text (from internet zb) and paste it *in* vim. Never knew untill the cat
jumped on it.

-X

Noah Roberts

Ep said:
I need to put some text (and numbers) in Word and Excel. How do I put
that into them? Also how can I use the "hot keys" to navigate in
each.

Personally, I would use the keyboard...but that is just me.

NR

Ep

Sorry but I guess I was unclear as to what I am trying to accomplish.

Here is the scenario:
Run Word.exe (open up the Word to a blank document)
"Type" in some text (using this application, not Word or the keyboard).
Move/copy/paste the text that was just entered.
Save the file to a name (dynamically named during execution).
Run Excel.exe (open up the Excel to a blank worksheet)
Enter some data, move to next cell, enter data, move, etc.
Save the file

Any ideas after using the execution function to open Word/Excel?

Ep

Kevin Goodsell

Ep said:
Sorry but I guess I was unclear as to what I am trying to accomplish.

Sorry, but I guess some of us were unclear that this is off-topic. You
might try a Widows programming group. Standard C++ has no facilities for
interfacing with other programs (other than the std::system function,
which is very limited).

http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/offtopic.txt

Also, please don't top-post. See section 5 of the FAQ for posting
guidelines.

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/

-Kevin

Jonathan Mcdougall

Please do not top post. Rearranged.
Sorry but I guess I was unclear as to what I am trying to accomplish.

No, you were very clear, but maybe the answers were not as clear as
they should have been. This is what happens when half of the posts
are off-topic, people get annoyed.

It is impossible to accomplish this with Standard C++, you must use
implementation-specific librairies. Since this is not the topic of
this newsgroup, you must ask elsewhere.

http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

Jonathan