    The other pages are fine.

    All I did was replace the main table for each year and change the year for
    the xml file. So it should be fine.

    richard, Feb 18, 2013

  2. richard

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 21:41:03 -0500, richard wrote:

    > http://mroldies.net/top40-1964.html
    >
    > Ok first off, I know about the damned errors generated by the w3 validator.
    > None tell me why my problem is a problem.
    > You will find a wimpy flash player on the page.
    > click on the first item to begin playing.
    > the items listed suddenly blank out and nothing happens.
    > I want to know what I'm missing.
    > Same thing happens on 1965 and 1966.
    > The other pages are fine.
    >
    > All I did was replace the main table for each year and change the year for
    > the xml file. So it should be fine.

    I also noticed that for 1964 and 1965 there are + marks before the items,
    while in the other lists, a > shows.

    There is no difference between the xnl files formatting other than the text
    added for each list.

    richard, Feb 18, 2013

  3. richard

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 21:41:03 -0500, richard wrote:

    > http://mroldies.net/top40-1964.html
    >
    > Ok first off, I know about the damned errors generated by the w3 validator.
    > None tell me why my problem is a problem.
    > You will find a wimpy flash player on the page.
    > click on the first item to begin playing.
    > the items listed suddenly blank out and nothing happens.
    > I want to know what I'm missing.
    > Same thing happens on 1965 and 1966.
    > The other pages are fine.
    >
    > All I did was replace the main table for each year and change the year for
    > the xml file. So it should be fine.

    picky picky picky.
    I noticed I had a space between the filename and the </filename> tag.
    eliminated the space and now it works just fine.

    richard, Feb 18, 2013
  4. On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 22:50:16 -0500, richard wrote:
    > On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 21:41:03 -0500, richard wrote:
    >
    >> http://mroldies.net/top40-1964.html
    >>
    >> Ok first off, I know about the damned errors generated by the w3 validator.
    >> None tell me why my problem is a problem.
    >> You will find a wimpy flash player on the page.
    >> click on the first item to begin playing.
    >> the items listed suddenly blank out and nothing happens.
    >> I want to know what I'm missing.
    >> Same thing happens on 1965 and 1966.
    >> The other pages are fine.
    >>
    >> All I did was replace the main table for each year and change the year for
    >> the xml file. So it should be fine.

    > picky picky picky.
    > I noticed I had a space between the filename and the </filename> tag.
    > eliminated the space and now it works just fine.

    Glad we could help. :)

    Allodoxaphobia, Feb 18, 2013
  5. richard

    Doug Miller Guest

    richard <> wrote in news:zo9z624cpj56.1o27q0gd64uui.dlg@
    40tude.net:

    > http://mroldies.net/top40-1964.html
    >
    > Ok first off, I know about the damned errors generated by the w3 validator.

    Actually, RtS, the errors are generated by your failure to write valid HTML.

    Doug Miller, Feb 18, 2013
  6. richard

    Mike Duffy Guest

    Allodoxaphobia <> wrote in

    > Glad we could help. :)

    As a side note, was that (missing space betreen </filename> and filename)
    one of the validation errors?

    Validating the code often fixes up problems like this.

    --
    http://pages.videotron.ca/duffym/index.htm

    Mike Duffy, Feb 19, 2013