    Linux. Is it possibile or Linux only allow to use python scripts?
    Thanks for helping,
    Marco
    Marco Terzuoli, May 18, 2004

  2. Marco Terzuoli wrote:
    > I would like to convert a .py file into a stand-alone executable, so that
    > anyone can run it without having to install the python interpreter. I know
    > there is a py2exe program for Windows, but I would like to do the same for
    > Linux. Is it possibile or Linux only allow to use python scripts?

    A large portion of RPM code is written in Python, so any RPM distro (Red
    Hat, SuSE, Mandrake...) should have Python installed by default. I think
    Debian might too, so you shouldn't worry about making an installer.
    Leif K-Brooks, May 19, 2004

  3. Marco Terzuoli

    lukas Guest

    Marco Terzuoli <> wrote in message news:<kfwqc.8720$>...
    > Hi,
    > I would like to convert a .py file into a stand-alone executable, so that
    > anyone can run it without having to install the python interpreter. I know
    > there is a py2exe program for Windows, but I would like to do the same for
    > Linux. Is it possibile or Linux only allow to use python scripts?
    > Thanks for helping,
    > Marco

    Use this software:
    http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/py2exe/