py2exe and croatian letters

Samir Alukovic@work

I am making a simple program in Croatian. In the beginning I set "# -
*- coding: cp1250 -*-" code and when i run it in Python shell it comes
out fine, but when i compile it with py2exe he doesn't print out
croatian letters but he prints out tottaly other letters. I checked
the CMD and it supports croatian letters. If you want an source code
and setup file send me an e-mail at (e-mail address removed)

Benjamin Kaplan

I am making a simple program in Croatian. In the beginning I set "# -
*- coding: cp1250 -*-" code and when i run it in Python shell it comes
out fine, but when i compile it with py2exe he doesn't print out
croatian letters but he prints out tottaly other letters. I checked
the CMD and it supports croatian letters. If you want an source code
and setup file send me an e-mail at (e-mail address removed)

What's the encoding of cmd? Just because it supports Croatian letters
doesn't mean it's cp1250. The American version of Windows usually uses
cp1252 but cmd is still cp843.

Mark Tolonen

Samir Alukovic@work said:
I am making a simple program in Croatian. In the beginning I set "# -
*- coding: cp1250 -*-" code and when i run it in Python shell it comes
out fine, but when i compile it with py2exe he doesn't print out
croatian letters but he prints out tottaly other letters. I checked
the CMD and it supports croatian letters. If you want an source code
and setup file send me an e-mail at (e-mail address removed)

Not knowing what were considered Croatian characters, I found
http://www.geocities.com/click2speak/unicode/chars_hr.html for my testing.

Run 'chcp' from CMD and see what code page you are in. I was able to output
correctly by changing the codepage from 437 (my U.S. default), to 1250. I
also had to change my console window font from 'Raster Fonts' to 'Lucida
Console', since the former supported the cp437 character set only.

-Mark

Samir Aluković

Mark said:
Not knowing what were considered Croatian characters, I found
http://www.geocities.com/click2speak/unicode/chars_hr.html for my testing.

Run 'chcp' from CMD and see what code page you are in. I was able to
output correctly by changing the codepage from 437 (my U.S. default), to
1250. I also had to change my console window font from 'Raster Fonts'
to 'Lucida Console', since the former supported the cp437 character set
only.

-Mark
@mark i checked and he is showing cp852.
i'll try to change the cp and then i'll inform you.

Samir Alukovic'

Mark said:
Not knowing what were considered Croatian characters, I found
http://www.geocities.com/click2speak/unicode/chars_hr.html for my testing.

Run 'chcp' from CMD and see what code page you are in. I was able to
output correctly by changing the codepage from 437 (my U.S. default), to
1250. I also had to change my console window font from 'Raster Fonts'
to 'Lucida Console', since the former supported the cp437 character set
only.

-Mark
it is working thank you guys