py2exe and modules question

azrael

I'm working on an application and i'm having some questions. I am
working with python 2.5, numpy and PIL. does anyone know if there are
some problems while compiling the source because of the modules.. It
has to be closed source.
I didn't try Py2exe but I heard about it. Is there any other and
better way to compile the source.

Thnx

Tim Roberts

azrael said:
I'm working on an application and i'm having some questions. I am
working with python 2.5, numpy and PIL. does anyone know if there are
some problems while compiling the source because of the modules.. It
has to be closed source.

What does that mean to you?
I didn't try Py2exe but I heard about it. Is there any other and
better way to compile the source.

It isn't really "compiled". What all of the Python-to-executable apps do
is bundle up your script, all of its modules, the Python interpreter DLL,
and any DLLs they might need, and shove them in a single file (.zip, in the
py2exe case). The parts get extracted for execution.

The distribution will still contain the .pyc files, and there are tools
that can decompile a .pyc without much trouble.