py2exe + XML-RPC problem

codecraig

Hi,
I tried to take the Monkey Shell script
(http://www.sharp-ideas.net/archives/2005/03/monkey_shell_us.html) and
make it into an executable. I am making an executable for the server
piece (monkey_shelld.py). So my setup.py looks like this

# setup.py
from distutils.core import setup
import py2exe
import sys
import xmlrpclib
import os
import string
from SimpleXMLRPCServer import *
from ConfigParser import *
sys.argv.append("py2exe")
setup(console=[{"script": 'monkey_shelld.py'}],
data_files=["monkey_shell.conf"])

....which i think is right. I imported the same imports as
monkey_shelld.py uses (is that necessary??) And i execute it like...

python setup.py py2exe

Anyhow, i run the setup and get a monkey_shelld.exe. I can run the exe
and the server runs just fine. Then I connect to the server using the
client (monkey_shell.py), and when I execute a command, the client
side prints out an error...

xmlrpclib.ProtocolError: <ProtocolError for 1.1.1.1:8888/RPC2: 500
Internal error

now, when i run the server script (i.e. python monkey_shelld.py),
everything works fine (i.e. i can send commands from client and get
server response), but when I try to use the server executable
(monkey_shelld.exe) I get the error (shown above) when I try to execute
a command.

Any ideas? I am guessing that I am missing something from my setup.py.

Info that may be helpful in answering:
OS: win xp
Python ver: 2.4.1
py2exe ver: 0.5.4

Thanks!

codecraig

update to this. I generated an exe for the client and server. They
both run fine, except, when i send a command from the client to server,
the cleint spits out this..

xmlrpclib.ProtocolError: <ProtocolError for 10.50.20.5:80/RPC2: -1 >

When I run the .py's by themselves I do not get this. This only occurs
with the generated .exe's.

thanks

codecraig

sorry, I am actually still getting the 500 internal error I reported
earlier.

thanks for ur input.