pymssql returns error on stored procedure execution

Discussion in 'Python' started by Josh Close, Jul 22, 2004.

  1. Josh Close

    Josh Close Guest

    I'm getting an error from pymssql when trying to execute a stored procedure:

    Operating-system Error - OpenClient

    I can't figure out why this is happening. It's probably a freetds
    problem (like usual) but if any one knows, it would be helpful.

    This is all that's done:

    sql = 'spName;'
    mssql.query(sql)

    I've tried several variations, but none of them have worked

    sql = 'EXEC spName;'

    sql = 'EXEC dbo.spName;'

    Does anyone know what's going on here?

    -Josh