PyPI and TestPyPI registration problems

Lele Gaifax

Hi all,

I tried registering myself on the TestPyPI site, but all the methods
failed:

* the "manual" method terminates with an Internal Error:

Error...

Internal Server Error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/data/testpypi/src/pypi/webui.py", line 324, in run
self.inner_run()
File "/data/testpypi/src/pypi/webui.py", line 645, in inner_run
getattr(self, action)()
File "/data/testpypi/src/pypi/webui.py", line 2879, in user
self.send_email(info['email'], rego_message%info)
File "/data/testpypi/src/pypi/webui.py", line 3153, in send_email
smtp.sendmail(self.config.adminemail, recipient, message)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/smtplib.py", line 709, in sendmail
raise SMTPRecipientsRefused(senderrs)
SMTPRecipientsRefused: {u'(e-mail address removed)': (554, '5.7.1 <[email protected]>: Relay access denied\n5.7.1 Contact your postmaster/admin for assistance. Please provide the following information in your problem report: time (Aug 25 18:22:10) and client (2001:888:2000:d::a4).')}

* the "openid" methods (I tried both gmail and launchpad) terminate with
an "NotAuthenticated" error, after a successful trip over the remote
authentication site

Then I tried to register directly on the live PyPI, and when going thru
Google's OpenID I got an immediate "502 Bad Gateway" from the underlying
nginx... I was finally able to register an account with the "manual"
method on the live site, but I'd prefer to learn the upload procedure on
the test site...

Are these known problems?

Thanks in advance,
bye, lele.