Pyro "could not find NameServer"

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chuckk Hubbard, Nov 10, 2008.

  1. The docs say to try to discover the URI on my own if this happens.
    Could I get a hand doing that?
    This isn't just something I want to solve on my machine, e.g. by
    changing my network setup or what not; this is a program I hope to
    distribute and I hope my users can avoid having to deal with this,
    because I suspect they won't.
    Thankye.

    Here's what I typed and what I got:

    $ python
    Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Aug 6 2008, 09:17:29)
    [GCC 4.3.1] on linux2
    >>> import Pyro.core
    >>> import Pyro.naming
    >>> Pyro.core.initServer()
    >>> ns = Pyro.naming.NameServerLocator().getNS()

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Pyro/naming.py", line
    175, in getNS
    reply = self.sendSysCommand(NS_SYSCMD_LOCATION,host,port,trace,1,bcaddr)
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/Pyro/naming.py", line
    76, in sendSysCommand
    raise Pyro.errors.NamingError("could not find NameServer")
    Pyro.errors.NamingError: could not find NameServer

    Chuckk Hubbard, Nov 10, 2008