Pyserial

Manatee

The windows msi install fails saying there is no python install found
in the registry. Is there a workaround for this? Can I edit the
registry and manually enter the information?

I am running Python 2.71

There is no traceback, the installation fails immediately

Littlefield, Tyler

The windows msi install fails saying there is no python install found
in the registry. Is there a workaround for this? Can I edit the
registry and manually enter the information?
I've came to realize that the 64-bit version of python does not work
with 32-bit modules in terms of the installer because the key doesn't
exist. Just grab the 32-bit python and you're set with modules.

Terry Reedy

The windows msi install fails saying there is no python install found
in the registry. Is there a workaround for this? Can I edit the
registry and manually enter the information?

I am running Python 2.71

There is no traceback, the installation fails immediately

Assuming your 2.7.1 was installed normally, with the CPython .msi
installer from python.org, you should perhaps ask the pyserial folks.

Manatee

 >The windows msi install fails saying there is no python install found
 >in the registry. Is there a workaround for this? Can I edit the
 >registry and manually enter the information?
I've came to realize that the 64-bit version of python does not work
with 32-bit modules in terms of the installer because the key doesn't
exist. Just grab the 32-bit python and you're set with modules.

Ok, great. Let me try that. Thanks.

Manatee

 >The windows msi install fails saying there is no python install found
 >in the registry. Is there a workaround for this? Can I edit the
 >registry and manually enter the information?
I've came to realize that the 64-bit version of python does not work
with 32-bit modules in terms of the installer because the key doesn't
exist. Just grab the 32-bit python and you're set with modules.

I installed python 2.71 32bit and reset the path environment variable;
re-ran pyserial msi file and all is good in OZ. Thank you very much. I
may just get this Python after all. :)