    registry and manually enter the information?

    I am running Python 2.71

    There is no traceback, the installation fails immediately
    Manatee, Mar 21, 2011

  2. >The windows msi install fails saying there is no python install found
    >in the registry. Is there a workaround for this? Can I edit the
    >registry and manually enter the information?

    I've came to realize that the 64-bit version of python does not work
    with 32-bit modules in terms of the installer because the key doesn't
    exist. Just grab the 32-bit python and you're set with modules.
    Littlefield, Tyler, Mar 21, 2011

  3. Manatee

    Terry Reedy Guest

    On 3/20/2011 8:46 PM, Manatee wrote:
    > The windows msi install fails saying there is no python install found
    > in the registry. Is there a workaround for this? Can I edit the
    > registry and manually enter the information?
    >
    > I am running Python 2.71
    >
    > There is no traceback, the installation fails immediately

    Assuming your 2.7.1 was installed normally, with the CPython .msi
    installer from python.org, you should perhaps ask the pyserial folks.

    --
    Terry Jan Reedy
    Terry Reedy, Mar 21, 2011
  4. Manatee

    Manatee Guest

    On Mar 20, 9:06 pm, "Littlefield, Tyler" <> wrote:
    >  >The windows msi install fails saying there is no python install found
    >  >in the registry. Is there a workaround for this? Can I edit the
    >  >registry and manually enter the information?
    > I've came to realize that the 64-bit version of python does not work
    > with 32-bit modules in terms of the installer because the key doesn't
    > exist. Just grab the 32-bit python and you're set with modules.

    Ok, great. Let me try that. Thanks.
    Manatee, Mar 21, 2011
  5. Manatee

    Manatee Guest

    On Mar 20, 9:06 pm, "Littlefield, Tyler" <> wrote:
    >  >The windows msi install fails saying there is no python install found
    >  >in the registry. Is there a workaround for this? Can I edit the
    >  >registry and manually enter the information?
    > I've came to realize that the 64-bit version of python does not work
    > with 32-bit modules in terms of the installer because the key doesn't
    > exist. Just grab the 32-bit python and you're set with modules.

    I installed python 2.71 32bit and reset the path environment variable;
    re-ran pyserial msi file and all is good in OZ. Thank you very much. I
    may just get this Python after all. :)
    Manatee, Mar 21, 2011