PySQLite 0.4.3 install problem on Mandrake9.1

Hemanth P.S.

I installed PySqlite 0.4.3 on my Mandrake Linux 9.1 which has
Python2.2. But when I say "import sqlite" in the python
interpreter, I get an error saying, "libsqlite.so.0 not found".
I searched and found only the file _sqlite.so in
/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/. Is there something obvious
I am missing?

I installed pysqlite using the command, "python setup.py build"
and "python setup.py install" as root.

---Hemanth