    /usr/include/openssl/kssl.h:72:18: krb5.h: No such file or directory
    In file included from /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:179,
    from /home/merlin/Python-2.1.2/Modules/socketmodule.c:196:

    Gabby, Sep 17, 2003

  2. On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 11:07, Gabby wrote:
    > I am attempting to compile python 2.1 from the source on a RedHat 9.0
    > system. The problem is that a openssl header file (kssl.h) requires
    > krb5.h which isn't in the usual place (/usr/include). Instead krb5.h
    > gets installed at usr/kerberos/include. The openssl version is
    > 0.9.7a-2. When I build python, the ./configure works fine but the
    > make' has problems building the _socket extension. The beginning of
    > the error message is pasted below. How do I let python know where to
    > find the krb5.h file?

    This problem is fixed in CVS, but there hasn't been much interest in a
    2.1.4 release since it's now two minor revisions out of date.

    The solution is to add the following bit of code to setup.py just after
    ssl_incs is defined.

    krb5_h = find_file('krb5.h', inc_dirs,
    ['/usr/kerberos/include'])
    if krb5_h: