Python 2.6.1 on CentOS

Discussion in 'Python' started by sOliver, Jan 19, 2009.

  1. sOliver

    sOliver

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2009
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:

    I am sorry but I'm a linux newbie and currently trying to install OEMM (email marketing software) on a CENTOS VPS.

    While trying to install MySQL-Python which is needed i got this error:
    Error: Missing Dependency: libmysqlclient_r.so.14 is needed by package MySQL-python

    After doing some research I figured out that the reason is MySQL5, I need MySQL4 for the default Python.

    Ok so I thought I would install Python 2.6.1 that supports MySQL5 with a prefix in a different location.
    Now I don't know how to tell "yum" that I installed Python 2.6.1 somewhere else. How would I do that? If I want to install it like this: yum install MySQL-Python

    Thanks for any help!
    sOliver

    Will feature the solution on my blog webmasterweblog.com/
    so that linux newbies like me can find out how to do it.

    sOliver, Jan 19, 2009

  2. sOliver

    rizwank

    Joined:
    May 15, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Try going to here :
    (I apparently can't post it - if you go to geekymedia and then dot com
    and then to this page
    python_26_centos.html

    I've posted newer yum rpms for CentOS and python there. (Do a yum localinstall)

    rizwank, May 15, 2009

  3. sOliver

    yaaman

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Use active python to solve this problem.

    yaaman, Dec 16, 2009