Python Application Server

Adi Eyal

Hi All

Could anyone recommend a python application server? My application
consists mainly of long running background processes that need to
communicate with each other. Features on my wishlist include, process
pooling (each process will in general be stateless), monitoring,
scheduling and a framework for inter-process communication. Ideally, I
would also like to be able to cluster the app server if the need
arises. I have never used Zope or Webware, but my impression is that
these servers are focused on web applications with a short
request-response cycle. My usage will be different since my processes
will be triggered by certain events and then continue running until
they complete, without sending any response at all but possibly
spawning off additional processes in a workflow.

I hope my description has been clear. Does such an application server
exist for python?

Thanks in advance
Adi

Bruno Desthuilliers

Adi Eyal a écrit :
[...]

Not sure if it would fit your needs, but you may want to have a look at
Twisted ?

bobicanprogram

[...]

You might want to look into the SIMPL project stuff (http://
www.icanprogram.com/simpl). In particular there is a framework
(SIMPL calls them softwareICs) called a proxy which sounds like
exactly what you might want.

bob