Python Beginner

ngangsia akumbo

I am called Richard m from western Africa, Cameroon. It was a pleasure for me to join this group.

I have been learning python for about 4 months now and i have already mastered alot as far as the language is concern.

I am learning how to code, firstly because i love coding and i like to do stuffs.

secondly, i wihs to start a small company after learning how to code

I am learning python very broadly, meaning i am not concentrating on a single section. I wish to know the language and be able to apply it to any location in the field of tech.

i Need some advise on how, and what python can help me setup a business?

please just honest replies please

Chris Angelico

I am called Richard m from western Africa, Cameroon. It was a pleasure for me to join this group.

Hi! Welcome!
secondly, i wihs to start a small company after learning how to code

I am learning python very broadly, meaning i am not concentrating on a single section. I wish to know the language and be able to apply it to any location in the field of tech.

i Need some advise on how, and what python can help me setup a business?

Frankly, my advice to you is: Don't. You've been writing code for a
few months, that's great; but starting a company is a completely
different thing to do.

I would recommend that you primarily code purely for pleasure - that
way, if you mess something up, you don't lose money. And then if you
want to go professional, get a salaried job at someone else's company,
rather than starting your own. It's a HUGE job to run your own
company, and that's not something your Python coding skill will help
with. Tax, legal requirements, profitability... headaches you don't
need.

Now, if you're already experienced at running a business, and want to
know what Python can do to make your life easier... that we can
answer! There are all sorts of automation and convenience jobs you can
do with Python. But that's quite different from what I think you're
asking here.

ChrisA

ngangsia akumbo

[...]

Thanks for the reply
I am experience in running a business. Please i will like to know how python can make things easier as you said.

Chris Angelico

I am experience in running a business. Please i will like to know how python can make things easier as you said.

Well, anything you can describe in terms of rules and procedures can
be automated. But this is the art of programming; it's hard to
describe generally. Find something that you have to do lots of times,
and work on automating it. That's what code is good at!

ChrisA

Steven D'Aprano

Hello Richard and welcome!

I am called Richard m from western Africa, Cameroon. It was a pleasure
for me to join this group. [...]
i Need some advise on how, and what python can help me setup a
business?

Frankly, my advice to you is: Don't. You've been writing code for a few
months, that's great; but starting a company is a completely different
thing to do.

Chris, be careful about making assumptions about the business environment
in other countries. I have no idea whether the cultural and regulatory
issues surrounding running your own business (whether a formal company
structure or just a sole trader) is easier or harder in Cameroon compared
to Australia, and I'm willing to bet neither are you :)

Richard, to answer your question, what can Python do to help you set up
and run a business, that depends. What sort of business do you intend to
run? The answer we give will depend on whether you expect your Python
skills to be something you can make money from directly (e.g. "hire me, I
am an expert Python programmer") or not (e.g. using Python as a tool to
make your business more efficient).

If your business is in the IT industry, then you can offer Python
consulting services, Python programming, web development with Python. You
can use Python for developing your own internal tools that you use. If
you have a website, you can create it using a large number of Python web
frameworks, like Django, Zope, CherryPy, and others.

If your business is in some other industry, then Python may be less
useful to you. Again, you can use Python to create your website. Other
than that, it depends entirely on what your business does. If your
business is landscape gardening, then there's probably nothing Python can
do to help. If your business is analysing stock prices, then Python may
be very, very useful indeed.

As a general rule, the closer your business is to IT and computing
services, then the more likely it is that you can find ways to use Python
to help you. But without knowing more, I can't say anything further.

I would recommend that you primarily code purely for pleasure

And such a luxury it is, to have the free time to spend programming just
for pleasure :)

ngangsia akumbo

Thank you guys for the replies

Cameroon is a third world country, the IT skills of the people here is far from attaining any legitimacy.

Many people are doing business here just like in the days of the Roman empire when computers had not been invented.

We have many companies needing skills professionals to solve their IT problems which they can't find and always have to hire from abroad.

Talking about problem in IT you can think of the most basic problem.

Taxation, databases, accounting, simple apps for businesses , tracking systems, bookkeeping, Mobil apps for city direction, etc, which i can't identify all being a python beginner.

We don't even have a University that offer a full flesh computer science course and most of the guys who even do it, most know it in theory and they don't have the ability to write reasonable code to solve present problems.

The problems are enormous but i don't know all of them yet, but you can think of the most basic IT problems.

Honestly not many people here have the patience to sit down and learn how to code, cause Cameroonians are not that too patient

With my knowledge of python, i wanted to get some advice or pathway guide.

Terry Reedy

Cameroon is a third world country, the IT skills of the people here
is far from attaining any legitimacy.

Many people are doing business here just like in the days of the
Roman empire when computers had not been invented.

We have many companies needing skills professionals to solve their IT
problems which they can't find and always have to hire from abroad.

Talking about problem in IT you can think of the most basic problem.

Taxation, databases, accounting, simple apps for businesses ,
tracking systems, bookkeeping, Mobil apps for city direction, etc,
which i can't identify all being a python beginner.

To find (free) business software written in Python, search at
https://pypi.python.org/pypi
sourceforge.net
or you favorite search engine.

Perhaps you can learn to use and adapt a few to solve local business
problems.
We don't even have a University that offer a full flesh computer
science course

The phrase you are looking for is 'full-fledged'. 'Fledge' has the same
root as 'fly' and it means 'develop the feathers needed to fly' (for a
young bird). So a full-fledged computer science course would be one that
teaches you all the skills you need to 'fly' on your own.

ngangsia akumbo

To find (free) business software written in Python, search at

https://pypi.python.org/pypi

sourceforge.net

or you favorite search engine.

Perhaps you can learn to use and adapt a few to solve local business

problems.

The phrase you are looking for is 'full-fledged'. 'Fledge' has the same

root as 'fly' and it means 'develop the feathers needed to fly' (for a

young bird). So a full-fledged computer science course would be one that

teaches you all the skills you need to 'fly' on your own.

not 'full-fledged' but a uni that offers a complete program on CS

[...]

I HAVE NOT HEARD FROM YOU

Gregory Ewing

He might have meant "fully fleshed-out", i.e. complete.

Or it might be an adults-only computer science course. :)

ngangsia akumbo

can someone really help to give me a more details answer please.

what can i do with python?

Hector Chapa

Pretty much anything you can think off. You can create games. Also, you canmake python a front-end program attach to a back-end MySQL database as well make websites.
Pretty much anything you can think off. You just have to think about layoutwhat you are trying to accomplish.
Is there anything you are trying to accomplish by coming into programming?