Python Cookbook

Heiko Wundram

Hi all!

I've received my copy of the Python Cookbook two days ago, and just thought
that I might independently commend all you editors and recipe designers out
there to an excellent book! I've thoroughly enjoyed reading the introductions
in each chapter, and although I've been programming in Python for four years
now, I've seen quite a few idioms that are new for me as well.

The book is pretty much just like this newsgroup: surprises me each and every
time again how many smart people's comments are contained within. :)

Keep up the good work! And thanks Alex for making the second edition possible!

--
--- Heiko.
listening to: Wir Sind Helden - Ruessel an Schwanz

rdsteph

I want to just second this comment by Heike. I received my copy of the
2nd Edition from O'Reilly on Friday. I am still working my way slowly
through the first chapter on Text, and I am nearing the end of that
chapter.

I intend to work my way through sequentially, because I can't think of
a better way to improve my understanding of intelligent usage of
Python. So far, even the recipes and discussions that are reach-out and
difficult for me are beginning to make sense after I read carefully and
sometimes re-read the discussions. I couldn't ask for better
instruction, and the effort I make to learn is richly rewarded.

I know that the material will become considerably more complex as I
move deeper into the book, but the work of the authors and editors in
chapter one gives me faith that I can make progress as I go, as long as
I make the effort to really try to understand each recipe's discussion.

This will no doubt be a valued reference work, but I am finding it to
be a uniquely rewarding educational experience.

Ron Stephens
www.awaretek.com/plf.html