Python Cookbook

Discussion in 'Python' started by Heiko Wundram, Apr 3, 2005.

  1. Hi all!

    I've received my copy of the Python Cookbook two days ago, and just thought
    that I might independently commend all you editors and recipe designers out
    there to an excellent book! I've thoroughly enjoyed reading the introductions
    in each chapter, and although I've been programming in Python for four years
    now, I've seen quite a few idioms that are new for me as well.

    The book is pretty much just like this newsgroup: surprises me each and every
    time again how many smart people's comments are contained within. :)

    Keep up the good work! And thanks Alex for making the second edition possible!

    --
    --- Heiko.
    listening to: Wir Sind Helden - Ruessel an Schwanz

    Heiko Wundram, Apr 3, 2005

  2. Heiko Wundram

    Guest

    I want to just second this comment by Heike. I received my copy of the
    2nd Edition from O'Reilly on Friday. I am still working my way slowly
    through the first chapter on Text, and I am nearing the end of that
    chapter.

    I intend to work my way through sequentially, because I can't think of
    a better way to improve my understanding of intelligent usage of
    Python. So far, even the recipes and discussions that are reach-out and
    difficult for me are beginning to make sense after I read carefully and
    sometimes re-read the discussions. I couldn't ask for better
    instruction, and the effort I make to learn is richly rewarded.

    I know that the material will become considerably more complex as I
    move deeper into the book, but the work of the authors and editors in
    chapter one gives me faith that I can make progress as I go, as long as
    I make the effort to really try to understand each recipe's discussion.

    This will no doubt be a valued reference work, but I am finding it to
    be a uniquely rewarding educational experience.

    Ron Stephens
    www.awaretek.com/plf.html
    , Apr 3, 2005