python create mail

anyab5

hey I need help in sending email,

It seems that while using this set of commands

from smtplib import SMTP

s = SMTP()
s.set_debuglevel(1)
s.connect('outmail.huji.ac.il')

I should be able to get a connection but what I get is this error

T:\Anya\work>mail1.py
connect: ('outmail.huji.ac.il', 25)
connect: ('outmail.huji.ac.il', 25)
connect fail: ('outmail.huji.ac.il', 25)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python24\lib\smtplib.py", line 303, in connect
raise socket.error, msg
socket.error: (10053, 'Software caused connection abort')

Does any one have a clue ?

Peter Hansen

hey I need help in sending email,

It seems that while using this set of commands

from smtplib import SMTP

s = SMTP()
s.set_debuglevel(1)
s.connect('outmail.huji.ac.il')

I should be able to get a connection but what I get is this error
[snip]

Try connecting with telnet from the command line.

telnet outmail.huji.ac.il 25

You should see some sort of greeting from the server, probably starting
with "220".

If that works, then the Python code should work. If that does not work,
then it's not a Python problem (firewall, host rejecting your address,
no SMTP server on that host, etc).

-Peter

Tim Roberts

hey I need help in sending email,

It seems that while using this set of commands

from smtplib import SMTP

s = SMTP()
s.set_debuglevel(1)
s.connect('outmail.huji.ac.il')

I should be able to get a connection but what I get is this error

T:\Anya\work>mail1.py
connect: ('outmail.huji.ac.il', 25)
connect: ('outmail.huji.ac.il', 25)
connect fail: ('outmail.huji.ac.il', 25)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python24\lib\smtplib.py", line 303, in connect
raise socket.error, msg
socket.error: (10053, 'Software caused connection abort')

Does any one have a clue ?

C:\Dev>python
Python 2.4.1 (#65, Mar 30 2005, 09:13:57) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on
win32
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.connect: ('outmail.huji.ac.il', 25)
connect: ('outmail.huji.ac.il', 25)
reply: '220 mail3.cc.huji.ac.il ESMTP Postfix\r\n'
reply: retcode (220); Msg: mail3.cc.huji.ac.il ESMTP Postfix
connect: mail3.cc.huji.ac.il ESMTP Postfix
(220, 'mail3.cc.huji.ac.il ESMTP Postfix')
C:\Dev>

It's possible they simply had a temporary outage, assuming that you aren't
sending this from some known spammer IP address.