python for MVS legacy access?

asdf sdf

wondering what python resources might be available for python-based
legacy system access, particularly to MVS, DB2 and Adabas. What
additional pieces might be needed to implement this access?

Python would be running on Unix and need to do Adabas and DB2 access.

Screen-scraping is a common technique. Any screen scraping modules for
python? I assume this would require an SNA gateway on the unix system
to enable 3270 emulation? True?

How about telnet for 3270? Plenty of python support for telnet. A
hundred years ago, I used telnet for 3270 access over a dialup line. Is
telnet access likely to be available on a contemporary system? Would it
support some kind of database access?

How about python database interfaces for DB2 and Adabas? I see the
PyDB2 module mentioned at python.org. Any know have any experience with
it? No mention of any Adabas support at python.org.

I assume that the pyDB2 module would require installation of some
underlying DB2 proprietary libraries for Unix. Similar to SQL*Net for
Oracle. True?

Does python to MVS access raise any special security issues? Does
support for any of these ideas create any special hardship on the MVS
sysadmin/DBA side?