Python for Nokia Series 60

Jollino

Hello,
I've seen several articles about Nokia starting to support Python for
its Series 60 phones (like the 6600, for example), and I even found a
blog entry with some screenshots of it:
<http://www.mobilewhack.com/programming/python/python_on_nokia_screenshot
s.html>.

The bad thing is that there's no mention of it in the 'Forum Nokia'
where you can usually download development packages and information from.

Does anyone have fresh news about it?

TIA

Daniele

Michel Claveau/Hamster

Hi !

If Python exist on Nokia, I buy a tomorrow of it !
But i had already read this announce, but I never found one implementation.

I will thus read the answers with interest.

@-salutations

jarod

The bad thing is that there's no mention of it in the 'Forum Nokia'
where you can usually download development packages and information from.

Does anyone have fresh news about it?

http://www.russellbeattie.com/notebook/1007622.html
AFAIK you must accept a Nokia non disclosure agreement to get the tool.
Try join the pilot program or ask how to enter from someone on the "club".
But on Symbian there is J2ME support, why not use Jython ?

Ciao
Jarod

Michel Claveau/Hamster

Nokia 6600 has symbian OS v.7

I have not see "binary" on the links, but only "news".

jarod

Nokia 6600 has symbian OS v.7

yes, I know it
Series 60 Developer Platform
http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,6566,010_40,00.html
Series 60 SDK for C++
http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,6566,034-4,00.html
I have not see "binary" on the links, but only "news".

Sympython - Python Port for Symbian OS 7 (P800/P900) Phones
(test binary available on request)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
maybe you can query Enki Boehm if it's compatible with Nokia 6600 and if you
can obtain the "test binary" made by Enki.
But you haven't answered to my question. Why not think to the use of Jython
? Do you know nothing about Java ?

Ciao
Jarod

Jollino

"jarod said:
But you haven't answered to my question. Why not think to the use of Jython
? Do you know nothing about Java ?

Personally, I don't... :)
But I'm downloading it right now, I'll have a look at it (on the Mac,
though, not on the phone - I haven't received my 6600 yet).

Ciao!

Michel Claveau/Hamster

Re

Sorry, but :
- I don't have a nokia (at this moment)
- I never tested Jython (times... times...)
- I never developped in Java
thus
- I prefer to see coming
- To drink aperitif