    PowerPoint for building presentation slides, and if that alternative
    used Python, that would be even better.

    Otherwise I could use LaTeX or something, I suppose.

    Chris, Apr 14, 2004

  2. Chris wrote:
    > Is anyone aware of Python packages/software for generating
    > "presentations"-- something that can generate a nice XHTML/CSS or PDF
    > presentation would be cool. I am looking for a better alternative to
    > PowerPoint for building presentation slides, and if that alternative
    > used Python, that would be even better.
    >
    > Otherwise I could use LaTeX or something, I suppose.

    Maybe this could prove useful:
    http://www.reportlab.org/python_point.html

    HTH,
    Vincent Wehren

    vincent wehren, Apr 14, 2004

  3. Chris wrote:

    > Is anyone aware of Python packages/software for generating
    > "presentations"-- something that can generate a nice XHTML/CSS or PDF
    > presentation would be cool. I am looking for a better alternative to
    > PowerPoint for building presentation slides, and if that alternative
    > used Python, that would be even better.
    >
    > Otherwise I could use LaTeX or something, I suppose.

    honestly, use latex! especially latex-beamer is awesome
    (latex-beamer.sf.net) if you have at least a little knowledge of latex. I
    use python for nearly all programming tasks, but presentations are another
    are.

    Karsten

    Karsten Heymann, Apr 15, 2004
  4. Chris

    cmkl Guest

    Karsten Heymann <-kiel.de> wrote in message news:<-berlin.de>...
    > Chris wrote:
    >
    > > Is anyone aware of Python packages/software for generating
    > > "presentations"-- something that can generate a nice XHTML/CSS or PDF
    > > presentation would be cool. I am looking for a better alternative to
    > > PowerPoint for building presentation slides, and if that alternative
    > > used Python, that would be even better.
    > >
    > > Otherwise I could use LaTeX or something, I suppose.

    > honestly, use latex! especially latex-beamer is awesome
    > (latex-beamer.sf.net) if you have at least a little knowledge of latex. I
    > use python for nearly all programming tasks, but presentations are another
    > are.
    >
    > Karsten

    If you want to impress your auditorium and program your presentation
    in python take a look at slithy http://isotropic.org/uw/slithy/

    Regards

    Carl

    cmkl, Apr 15, 2004