Python for Presentations

Chris

Is anyone aware of Python packages/software for generating
"presentations"-- something that can generate a nice XHTML/CSS or PDF
presentation would be cool. I am looking for a better alternative to
PowerPoint for building presentation slides, and if that alternative
used Python, that would be even better.

Otherwise I could use LaTeX or something, I suppose.

vincent wehren

Chris said:
Is anyone aware of Python packages/software for generating
"presentations"-- something that can generate a nice XHTML/CSS or PDF
presentation would be cool. I am looking for a better alternative to
PowerPoint for building presentation slides, and if that alternative
used Python, that would be even better.

Otherwise I could use LaTeX or something, I suppose.

Maybe this could prove useful:
http://www.reportlab.org/python_point.html

HTH,
Vincent Wehren

Karsten Heymann

Chris said:
Is anyone aware of Python packages/software for generating
"presentations"-- something that can generate a nice XHTML/CSS or PDF
presentation would be cool. I am looking for a better alternative to
PowerPoint for building presentation slides, and if that alternative
used Python, that would be even better.

Otherwise I could use LaTeX or something, I suppose.

honestly, use latex! especially latex-beamer is awesome
(latex-beamer.sf.net) if you have at least a little knowledge of latex. I
use python for nearly all programming tasks, but presentations are another
are.

Karsten

cmkl

Karsten Heymann said:
honestly, use latex! especially latex-beamer is awesome
(latex-beamer.sf.net) if you have at least a little knowledge of latex. I
use python for nearly all programming tasks, but presentations are another
are.

Karsten

If you want to impress your auditorium and program your presentation
in python take a look at slithy http://isotropic.org/uw/slithy/

Regards

Carl