python hiccups

Discussion in 'Python' started by Gene Heskett, Jul 14, 2004.

  1. Gene Heskett

    Gene Heskett Guest

    Greetings;

    I just subbed to this list because I'm not finding any help on the yum
    list.

    Here is the problem:
    ----------
    [root@coyote qt-x11-free-3.2.3]# yum update
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/bin/yum", line 22, in ?
    import yummain
    File "/usr/share/yum/yummain.py", line 31, in ?
    import yumcomps
    File "/usr/share/yum/yumcomps.py", line 4, in ?
    import comps
    File "/usr/share/yum/comps.py", line 5, in ?
    import libxml2
    File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/libxml2.py", line 1, in ?
    import libxml2mod
    ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/libxml2mod.so: undefined
    symbol: xmlByteConsumed
    --------------

    Both the yum install, and the python2.2 install have been checked and
    verified, md5summed, you name it, but the error persists. The symbol
    does exist in the named file too. The only questionable file in the
    whole install is /etc/yum/yum.conf, because I've added a couple more
    repo's to it. It worked with those additions several times, but has
    not been able to run since the last update run well over a week ago
    now.

    I see by your web site that 2.3 is out, should I install it? In which
    case how many other packages will need replaced to satisfy
    dependencies?

    --
    Cheers, Gene
    There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.

    Gene Heskett, Jul 14, 2004