python IDE and function definition

Chris Friesen

Hi all,

I'm looking for a python IDE (for Linux) that can look at code like this:

class ConductorManager(manager.Manager):
def compute_recover(self, context, instance):
self.compute_api.stop(context, instance, do_cast=False)

where I could highlight the "stop" and ask it to go to the definition.
(Where the definition is in a different file.)

I'm running into issues where my current IDE (I'm playing with Komodo)
can't seem to locate the definition, I suspect because it's too ambiguous.

The fact that python is dynamically typed seems to mean that there could
potentially be multiple answers, any class with a stop() method with the
right signature could presumably be plausible, right? So rather than
give up, I'd like to have my IDE suggest all possible answers.

Chris