    TCP/IP, so I could always combine both of those into each IM client, but
    perhaps there is a better way.

    Thank you.

    Evan McPeters, Jun 25, 2004

  2. Evan McPeters

    Larry Bates Guest

    I haven't personally used any of them, but
    you might want to review:

    http://xmpppy.sourceforge.net/

    http://jabberpy.sourceforge.net/

    http://jamwt.com/Py-TOC/

    Larry Bates
    Syscon, Inc.

    "Evan McPeters" <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone have an example of a simple Instant Messenger program written

    in

    Larry Bates, Jun 26, 2004

  3. Evan McPeters

    Jarek Zgoda Guest

    Larry Bates <> pisze:

    > I haven't personally used any of them, but
    > you might want to review:
    >
    > http://xmpppy.sourceforge.net/

    This is experimental library, geared towards compatibility with newest
    jabberd implementations.

    > http://jabberpy.sourceforge.net/

    This one is legacy and unmantained code, although works good.

    There is one more XMPP/Jabber client library, PyXMPP
    http://www.jabberstudio.org/projects/pyxmpp/. As author is Jabber
    Software Foundation member, you can expect this one to be "reference
    implementation".

    --
    Jarek Zgoda
    http://jpa.berlios.de/