"Python" is not a good name, should rename to "Athon"

Adrian Cherry

Are you musically illiterate?

Yup! The limits of my musically ability is

Spam, spam, spam, spam.
Lovely spam! Wonderful spaaam!
Lovely spam! Wonderful spam.
Spa-a-a-a-a-a-a-am! Spa-a-a-a-a-a-a-am!

Is that a problem? It's still a hash sign to me.

Adrian

Boris Borcic

Piet said:
Are you musically illiterate?

Note that the notation for the note (!) isn't universal. French speakers for
instance write that one do# and call it "do dièze". C# reads as unpronounceable
linenoise to them.

Hertha Steck

Boris said:
Note that the notation for the note (!) isn't universal. French speakers
for instance write that one do# and call it "do dièze". C# reads as
unpronounceable linenoise to them.

In a german text it would be "Cis". And in real musical notation
the "sharpener" doesn't look like '#', only similar.

Bruno Desthuilliers

Boris Borcic a écrit :
Note that the notation for the note (!) isn't universal. French speakers
for instance write that one do# and call it "do dièze". C# reads as
unpronounceable linenoise to them.

Strange as it might be, some french speakers also know the english
notation...

James Stroud

Terry said:

| >> Python name is not funny for me. Even the Monty Python, because its
hard
| >> to translate their jokes, and in my country they are not so popular.

The jokes translate just fine in my country, but dare I admit that
python (or Monty Python, rather) is not funny for me either. I think
I've actually heard someone say "that the jokes aren't funny is part of
the humor". I guess some of us will never get it. Now Benny Hill--that's
another story!

--
James Stroud
Box 951570

http://www.jamesstroud.com

Jan Claeys

Op Mon, 03 Dec 2007 14:20:52 +1300, schreef greg:
If you want a really appropriate name for a programming language, I'd
suggest Babbage. (not for Python, though!)

Konrad Zuse wrote the first high-level programming language, so I think
his name would be a better candidate...