python-ldap for Python 2.5 on Windows?

Benedict Verheyen

Hi,

i found python-ldap for version Python 2.4.
Is there i place i can find a version for 2.5?

If not, how can i build it myself for Windows?

Thanks,
Benedict

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Michael_Str=F6der?=

Benedict said:
i found python-ldap for version Python 2.4.
Is there i place i can find a version for 2.5?

If not, how can i build it myself for Windows?

Depending on what you need you might want to dive into OpenLDAP's FAQ:

There has been some discussion on the python-ldap-dev mailing list about
that. But there were no contributions coming out of that.

Ciao, Michael.

Benedict Verheyen

Waldemar Osuch schreef:
I have managed to build it for myself using MinGW:
http://www.osuch.org-a.googlepages.com/python-ldap-2.3.win32-py2.5.exe

See if it will work for you

Waldemar

Hi Waldemar,

thanks for the installation file.
When i installed it, i got an error stating "The setup files are corrupt".
Anyway, i would be interested in knowing how to build the setup.
The only experience i have so far with building stuff via MinGW was with
a Qemu build.

Regards,
Benedict

Thorsten Kampe

* Benedict Verheyen (Mon, 11 Jun 2007 11:23:59 +0200)
Waldemar Osuch schreef:
thanks for the installation file.
When i installed it, i got an error stating "The setup files are corrupt".

I downloaded and installed them. They work fine...

Benedict Verheyen

Thorsten Kampe schreef:
* Benedict Verheyen (Mon, 11 Jun 2007 11:23:59 +0200)

I downloaded and installed them. They work fine...

I'm on Vista (boohoo :(), what's your platform?

Benedict Verheyen

Thorsten Kampe schreef:

Hmmm it thought so.
So in my case it would be interesting to know how to build it so i can
make a build that works on Vista too.

Regards,
Benedict

Waldemar Osuch

Thorsten Kampe schreef:

Hmmm it thought so.
So in my case it would be interesting to know how to build it so i can
make a build that works on Vista too.

I have also build it on XP SP2.

I have wrapped the files from "setup.py build" and all required .dll
using Inno Setup.
Maybe Vista does not like the executable produced by Inno.

If you still want to try then unzip the following:
http://www.osuch.org/python-ldap.zip
into your "site-packages" and see how far you can get.

The detailed instructions on how to build would be quite long and I'm
sure I have forgotten some of the steps already but if you know about
"./configure make make install" dance and know how to use Google you
should be OK.

1. First install MinGW, Msys and msysDTK.
2. Then you need to compile openldap. See:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnomemeeting-devel-list/2005-September/msg00019.html
for reference. You will need regex but you can skip Berkley DB
before you start.
3. I have compiled openssl too but I have seen ready made libraries
for download.
I do not have link handy at the moment.
4. The last step would be to run "setup.py build" for python-ldap.
Remove sasl2 from setup.cfg
since cyrus-sasl does not seem to be available for MinGW.

See how far you can get with the above instructions. If you get stuck
send me a private email and I will try to help you.
If you could keep track of the steps and came up with better
instructions than my pitiful attempt above that would be great.

Waldemar

Benedict Verheyen

Waldemar Osuch schreef:
[...]

thanks for the instructions.
I will try to build it one of these days and see how far i get.

As for the zip, i installed it and it works, i can use the ldap lib now.
So as you said, it indeed seems to be a problem with the Inno setup.
Anyway, if the zip works, i'm happy :)

If i get around to building it and if i succeed, i will post a more
detailed report on how to do it.

Thanks,
Benedict