Python Library Reference - question

bobueland

The "Python LIbrary Reference" at
http://docs.python.org/lib/contents.html seems to be an important
document. I have two questions

Q1. How do you search inside "Python LibraryReference" ? Does it exist
in pdf or chm form?

Q2. In some other languages (for instance PHP if I recall correctly)
readers can add comments and give examples to the various headings in
the reference manual. This gives valuable information to the reader. Is
there such a version of "Python Library Reference", and if not would it
be a good idea to have such a version.

Thanks
Bob Ueland

limodou

17 Nov 2005 00:53:59 -0800 said:
The "Python LIbrary Reference" at
http://docs.python.org/lib/contents.html seems to be an important
document. I have two questions

Q1. How do you search inside "Python LibraryReference" ? Does it exist
in pdf or chm form?
Yeah. You should install windows version. There is a chm form document.
Q2. In some other languages (for instance PHP if I recall correctly)
readers can add comments and give examples to the various headings in
the reference manual. This gives valuable information to the reader. Is
there such a version of "Python Library Reference", and if not would it
be a good idea to have such a version.
I don't know.

Steven Bethard

The "Python LIbrary Reference" at
http://docs.python.org/lib/contents.html seems to be an important
document. I have two questions

Q1. How do you search inside "Python LibraryReference" ? Does it exist
in pdf or chm form?

One other option. Go to google and use:

site:docs.python.org inurl:lib

That should work, though I haven't tested it thoroughly.

STeVe

Tony Nelson

The "Python LIbrary Reference" at
http://docs.python.org/lib/contents.html seems to be an important
document. I have two questions

Q1. How do you search inside "Python LibraryReference" ? Does it exist
in pdf or chm form?

I use Google:

site:docs.python.org/lib foo bar

Note that Google is pretty flexible about what is a "site".
"docs.python.org/lib", "docs.python.org", and "python.org" are all
"sites", so you can zoom in and out as needed.

The other suggestions look good, too.
TonyN.:' *firstname*nlsnews@georgea*lastname*.com
' <http://www.georgeanelson.com/>