python-mysql on Windows -- How to?

Chris Seymour

Can anybody provide any guidance on what I will need to do get
mysql-python setup on my win xp workstation? I have Mysql 4.1
installed and activepython 2.4.3 installed.

What do I need to do to install/setup mysql-python?

Thanks.

Chris

BartlebyScrivener

Chris,

I'm no expert, but this keeps coming up and the last several people
have had better luck with mxODBC.

http://tinyurl.com/fmp3y

But if you're set on MySql-Python someone will jump in to help.

rick

Chris Seymour

HI Rick,
I did some searching on SourceForge and found a Windows installer for
the mysql-python 1.2.0. (MySQL-python.exe-1.2.0.win32-py2.4.zip). I
unzipped and ran this installer and seem to be all set. I will keep
testing.

Thanks.

Chris

BartlebyScrivener

Oh, good. Do report back. It comes up often, and I've used only mxODBC.

rd