Python on HPUX depot file?

Stephen Boulet

I'm looking to install python on hpux 10.2. Anyone know of a site
hosting a depot file of a recent python? Thanks.

Stephen

Mathias Waack

Stephen said:
I'm looking to install python on hpux 10.2. Anyone know of a site
hosting a depot file of a recent python? Thanks.

Yes, HP has a large archive of precompiled open source packages.
Don't know the exact URL, but a search on the HP homepage should
help you. Most packages are available for both HP-UX 11i and 10.

Mathias

Ville Vainio

Stephen> I'm looking to install python on hpux 10.2. Anyone know of a site
Stephen> hosting a depot file of a recent python? Thanks.

http://hpux.cs.utah.edu/hppd/hpux/Languages/python-2.3.3/

Has a version for later HP-UXen at least, and a general source
package.

Haven't tried that version. Back in the day of Python 2.1, when I was
still dealing w/ some hp-ux machines (can't say I miss those), we
ended up compiling Python from the stock python source because the
porting archive version had threading disabled.