Python Program runs but itself but does not run under IDLE

Discussion in 'Python' started by Ollie, Oct 2, 2003.

  1. Ollie

    Ollie Guest

    I am trying to figure out how a complex program written in python
    works. I am new to python so looking at the source code directly is
    not helping me much. As such, I am running the program under IDLE so
    I can step through the code.

    The program runs fine when it is run by itself. However, when I try
    to run the program in IDLE, I run into problems were a module cannot
    be found or is unavailable. To work around this problem I tired to
    place the location of required modules in the PYTHONPATH envrio
    variable. This solved some of the import failures but resulted in the
    following error:

    AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'SynchronizedObject'

    I also tried capturing the contents of sys.path when the program ran
    by itself. I then hard coded this information into the program. This
    time when I ran the program in IDLE, I did not run into any import
    failures or lost attributes but it did result in the following error:

    NotImplementedError: font module not available

    What am I doing that is preventing me from running this program in
    IDLE?

    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

    Cheers,
    Ollie

    Ollie, Oct 2, 2003