Python py2exe - memory load error

koranthala

This is cross post from stackoverflow - I couldnt get the solution
there. Hopefully, nobody would mind.

I am creating a medium level application in Python. Everything works
well now, and I am trying to make this a windows executable with
py2exe. The executable is created fine, but when I try to run it, it
fails with the following error.

File "zipextimporter.pyc", line 82, in load_module
File "pyAA\__init__.pyc", line 1, in ?
File "zipextimporter.pyc", line 82, in load_module
File "pyAA\AA.pyc", line 8, in ?
File "zipextimporter.pyc", line 82, in load_module
File "pyAA\pyAAc.pyc", line 5, in ?
File "zipextimporter.pyc", line 98, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading pyAA\_pyAAc.pyd

I am using pyAA in this application. I searched internet, but was
unable to get any solution. I copied msvcp71.dll to windows/system32,
but still issue is there.

I had solved it earlier (around 7 months back), but my hard drive
crashed and when I try to recreate it, I cannot seem to solve it
now. :-(

I would be much obliged if someone could help me out here.

When I use py2exe without bundle files option, it is working
perfectly. But when I use bundle file option, it is failing.

I tried without zipfile option, wherein it creates a library.zip
alongwith the executable. Again it failed. I did unzip of library.zip
using 7-zip, and found that _pyAAc.pyd is there in pyAA folder inside
the zip file. So, it looks like some issue with memoryloadlibrary
function.
11/30/2009 09:48 AM 25,172 AA.pyc
11/30/2009 09:48 AM 3,351 Defer.pyc
11/30/2009 09:48 AM 2,311 Path.pyc
11/30/2009 09:48 AM 11,216 pyAAc.pyc
11/30/2009 09:48 AM 5,920 Watcher.pyc
08/20/2005 02:00 PM 49,152 _pyAAc.pyd
11/30/2009 09:48 AM 162 __init__.pyc

From the trace it does look like it can extract AA.pyc etc. I am using
windows7 - can it be some clue?

[...]

From the trace it does look like it can extract AA.pyc etc. I am using
windows7 - can it be some clue?

Can anyone provide some clues on how to solve this issue?
I would be much obliged if you could do the same.