Python thread problem

Discussion in 'Python' started by Ravi, Apr 8, 2004.

  1. Ravi

    Ravi Guest

    Hi all,
    I am running a python cgi which inturn calls a python thread.
    This python thread executes some commands and sends an email to the
    admin.
    I am facing a strange problem, in the cgi script when I set
    the python
    thread to run as Daemon, then it does not send the email, but when I
    donot set the thread as daemon, it does send the email.
    Can somebody help me as to this behaviour ?

    I am running the cgi and python scripts on linux. The only problem I
    can see is that the email module is present in python2.3 and I have
    python 2.3 installed at /usr/local/lib/python2.3 and also have
    python1.5 installed at /usr/lib/python1.5.

    Is this the problem for such behaviour? Is there a way to fix ? Could
    somebody help me out please?

    Thank you in advance.

    Ravi.

    Ravi, Apr 8, 2004