Python web site redesign -thoughts

Discussion in 'Python' started by John D., Sep 8, 2003.

  1. John D.

    John D. Guest

    After reading all the posts about the web site redesign I have some thoughts on ways to reduce the stresses here.

    The web site has at least three very different components:
    Appearance
    Content
    Coding

    The skill sets are different enough they might best be done by three different groups with expertise in each. The artists are in the first, the planners who decide what the site should contain in the second, and the people who decide how much CSS/XHTML/script/etc. go in it in the third group.

    To grasp what the site should be like, I'd ask: what groups should it serve?

    Developers/programmers?
    Media?
    Curious people not yet using Python?
    Bug reporters?

    What do each of these groups seek?

    What do people actually visit the site for? I use the Python web site frequently, almost always to use the online manuals (which I often find frustrating), and occasionally to download the language.

    "Opinions are like assholes -everyone has one."
    John D., Sep 8, 2003