python win32com and dispatchbaseclass

vml

I am a newbie in python and com. I am trying to use python and com to
access to a software.

I had a look in the file .py describing the interface (generated by
makepy) and I found some dispatch base class...

My fisrt question is : is it possible to invoke a com object dispatch
base class?

other question in vb 6 I do something like that :

Public Function GetMyXAxis(idata As foo.idata) As Double()
Dim Block As foo.IBlock

Set Block = idata

GetMyXAxis = Block.XValues
Set Block = Nothing

End Function

is it possible to do the set Block = idata in python ?

foo.Iblock is a dispatchbaseclass
foo.idata is a dispatchbaseclass