Python with ASP

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jason Giangrande, Oct 14, 2004.

  1. The company I work for uses ASP and VBScript. I likely can not get them
    to change from ASP, but I thought that I might at least be able to
    convince them of a switch to ASP using Python. I am the only coder here
    and I know Python better than VB, though I am far from an expert in
    Python either. That said, I am getting better with VB, and have come to
    realize that it is indeed an inane language. So far I have found very
    little information on the web talking about using Python as the language
    with ASP. That which I have found thus far, has been negative. Here
    are a few questions for those that have used Python with ASP in the past
    or are currently using it.

    Does ASP have any major problems using Python as it's programming language?

    Is there any documentation on using Python with ASP? So far I have
    found very little.

    Have those who used Python with ASP found that it caused any problems
    with IIS, or caused it to use more resources? This is one of the IT
    Administrator's concerns.

    Is there anything else I should know before I make my pitch to use
    Python with ASP?

    --
    Jason Giangrande <>
    http://www.giangrande.org