Pythonesque interface.

Gaz

Hi guys. I'm doing a simple strategy game in python, hex based, with
the PIL library. I'd like to know if there is a way to check the
pointer position within a frame, so i can figure out which hex is the
pointer on, but in a pythonesque way, not using Java or Flash. Sajax is
the way to go? I dont think this is the solution, coz the frame should
be requiered to be refreshed like 30 times a second, but heck, you are
the Python savvies.

Thank you!

Diez B. Roggisch

Gaz said:
Hi guys. I'm doing a simple strategy game in python, hex based, with
the PIL library. I'd like to know if there is a way to check the
pointer position within a frame, so i can figure out which hex is the
pointer on, but in a pythonesque way, not using Java or Flash. Sajax is
the way to go? I dont think this is the solution, coz the frame should
be requiered to be refreshed like 30 times a second, but heck, you are
the Python savvies.

www.pygame.org

Diez

Michael Tobis

www.pygame.org

Yes but he obviously wants this to be delivered to the browser. (Also
the site is broken today... )

This comes up a lot, but I don't think there's an answer to it as yet.

mt

Gaz

Michael Tobis ha escrito:
www.pygame.org

Yes but he obviously wants this to be delivered to the browser. (Also
the site is broken today... )

This comes up a lot, but I don't think there's an answer to it as yet.

mt

Yeah, i want it playable on a browser.

Diez B. Roggisch

Gaz said:
Michael Tobis ha escrito:

Yeah, i want it playable on a browser.

Well, the you won't be a able to deliver 30 fps - with python at least,
as there is no browser plugin for it. use flash or JAVA as applte.

Diez

bearophileHUGS

Michael Tobis>Yes but he obviously wants this to be delivered to the
browser.<

I think Jython can be used to create applets that run with the JavaVM.
Can't it be used to solve the OP problem (even without PIL)?

Bye,
bearophile

Gaz

:)

Right now im trying to dl Jython (SF.net server down?), if it's
language sintaxis is just like Python and allows to use numpy and PIL,
im in! (i think :) )

bearophileHUGS

Gaz:
Right now im trying to dl Jython (SF.net server down?), if it's
language sintaxis is just like Python and allows to use numpy and PIL,
im in! (i think :) )

I don't think you can do that, but you can create and show images
anyway (and maybe read the pointer position too).
Sorry for the "OP", I have seen lot of people use it here, I'll avoid
such things in the future.

Bye,
bearophile