python's future?

Yesterday Paid

I'm very new to programing though I learn very little of java,C
I love python and have fun to do something with it
but some people said python's future perhaps not that bright.
I know this question maybe looks like an idiot:(
I really hope the python rules long~ time.
what do you think about future of this lang
or famous lang like C, JAVA, C#, LISP &C

Chris Angelico

I'm very new to programing though I learn very little of java,C
I love python and have fun to do something with it
but some people said python's future perhaps not that bright.
I know this question maybe looks like an idiot:(
I really hope the python rules long~ time.
what do you think about future of this lang
or famous lang like C, JAVA, C#, LISP &C

Python's future is looking pretty bright at the moment. It's extremely
well supported, has an active and helpful mailing list/newsgroup (hi!)
and issue tracker and so on, it's found pre-installed on several
Linuxes, it's easy to get for Windows, and lots of Python software is
around and being developed all the time. There's big companies who
have pledged support, including Google, who employ Guido van Rossum
(the project head).

As a language, Python has its issues, but overall it's awesome. I have
no hesitation in recommending it as a first language, a scripting
language, and an application language. There's things I dislike about
it (design choices like the lack of declared variables), but that's
true of pretty much everything.

There's no need to fear its imminent demise :)

ChrisA

Mark Lawrence

I'm very new to programing though I learn very little of java,C
I love python and have fun to do something with it
but some people said python's future perhaps not that bright.
I know this question maybe looks like an idiot:(
I really hope the python rules long~ time.
what do you think about future of this lang
or famous lang like C, JAVA, C#, LISP&C

I believe that this still holds true
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/python/python/129650?do=post_view_threaded

Mark Lawrence

Python's future is looking pretty bright at the moment. It's extremely
well supported, has an active and helpful mailing list/newsgroup (hi!)
and issue tracker and so on, it's found pre-installed on several
Linuxes, it's easy to get for Windows, and lots of Python software is
around and being developed all the time. There's big companies who
have pledged support, including Google, who employ Guido van Rossum
(the project head).

As a language, Python has its issues, but overall it's awesome. I have
no hesitation in recommending it as a first language, a scripting
language, and an application language. There's things I dislike about
it (design choices like the lack of declared variables), but that's
true of pretty much everything.

There's no need to fear its imminent demise :)

ChrisA

"an active and helpful mailing list/newsgroup (hi!)"? Gmane lists 322
entries under comp.python :) I believe that some manufacturers
pre-install on Windows, and I know that it's also pre-installed on OS X.
It's just a pity that Python is no longer maintained on the finest OS
ever, i.e. VMS :(

Chris Angelico

"an active and helpful mailing list/newsgroup (hi!)"?  Gmane lists 322
entries under comp.python :)

Sorry, should have said: A set of active and helpful mailing
lists/newsgroups! You're quite right, there's a lot of them :) I
wonder... is there anyone insane enough to have them all subscribed
and to actually read every post...

ChrisA

Michael Torrie

I'm very new to programing though I learn very little of java,C
I love python and have fun to do something with it
but some people said python's future perhaps not that bright.
I know this question maybe looks like an idiot:(
I really hope the python rules long~ time.
what do you think about future of this lang
or famous lang like C, JAVA, C#, LISP &C

If it works for you, use, it. If not, move on to a more appropriate
language. Python may be more appropriate for some tasks than others.
And as others have said, it's well-supported by its developers, and has
a rich library to draw on. So there's no reason not to use it now.
Either Python 2.x or Python 3.x, though it appears that targeting Python
3 maybe wisest.

If in the future Python fades away, you will simply move onto another
language. A good programmer should be able to rapidly transition from
language to language as appropriate. And even if in fact Python should
die, there are other languages that have been inspired by Python, and
will hopefully continue a semblance of Pythonic goodness.