    and everything is in place.

    Why? And could someone please make a win32-binary package of pyxml for
    python2.5? Thanks!

    Thomas W, Oct 10, 2007

  2. Re: pyxml package not working? No xml.dom.ext.reader module availableafter install.

    Thomas W wrote:
    > I've tried to install the pyxml-package, available at http://pyxml.sourceforge.net/,
    > both from source and using some hack on the win32-binary package
    > available for python2.4, but without luck. After install the module
    > xml.dom.ext.reader is not available, eventhough the folder, __init__py
    > and everything is in place.
    >
    > Why? And could someone please make a win32-binary package of pyxml for
    > python2.5? Thanks!

    PyXML has not been actively maintained for some years now. Use ElementTree or
    lxml instead.

    http://codespeak.net/lxml

    Stefan

    Stefan Behnel, Oct 10, 2007

  3. Thomas W

    Thomas W Guest

    On 10 Okt, 11:13, Stefan Behnel <> wrote:
    > Thomas W wrote:
    > > I've tried to install the pyxml-package, available athttp://pyxml.sourceforge.net/,
    > > both from source and using some hack on the win32-binary package
    > > available for python2.4, but without luck. After install the module
    > > xml.dom.ext.reader is not available, eventhough the folder, __init__py
    > > and everything is in place.

    > > Why? And could someone please make a win32-binary package of pyxml for
    > > python2.5? Thanks!

    > PyXML has not been actively maintained for some years now. Use ElementTree or
    > lxml instead.
    >
    > http://codespeak.net/lxml
    >
    > Stefan

    But the problem is that I'm using some piece of code that needs pyxml.
    Wouldn't be a problem if I was developing this project myself.

    Thomas

    Thomas W, Oct 10, 2007
  4. Re: pyxml package not working? No xml.dom.ext.reader module availableafter install.

    Thomas W wrote:
    > On 10 Okt, 11:13, Stefan Behnel <> wrote:
    >> Thomas W wrote:
    >>> I've tried to install the pyxml-package, available athttp://pyxml.sourceforge.net/,
    >>> both from source and using some hack on the win32-binary package
    >>> available for python2.4, but without luck. After install the module
    >>> xml.dom.ext.reader is not available, eventhough the folder, __init__py
    >>> and everything is in place.
    >>> Why? And could someone please make a win32-binary package of pyxml for
    >>> python2.5? Thanks!

    >> PyXML has not been actively maintained for some years now. Use ElementTree or
    >> lxml instead.
    >>
    >> http://codespeak.net/lxml
    >>
    >> Stefan

    > But the problem is that I'm using some piece of code that needs pyxml.
    > Wouldn't be a problem if I was developing this project myself.

    Ah, ok. I was just suggesting that you'd be very lucky if someone came up with
    a fresh build or something...

    Stefan

    Stefan Behnel, Oct 10, 2007