pyxml package not working? No xml.dom.ext.reader module available after install.

Thomas W

I've tried to install the pyxml-package, available at http://pyxml.sourceforge.net/,
both from source and using some hack on the win32-binary package
available for python2.4, but without luck. After install the module
xml.dom.ext.reader is not available, eventhough the folder, __init__py
and everything is in place.

Why? And could someone please make a win32-binary package of pyxml for
python2.5? Thanks!

Stefan Behnel

Thomas said:
I've tried to install the pyxml-package, available at http://pyxml.sourceforge.net/,
both from source and using some hack on the win32-binary package
available for python2.4, but without luck. After install the module
xml.dom.ext.reader is not available, eventhough the folder, __init__py
and everything is in place.

Why? And could someone please make a win32-binary package of pyxml for
python2.5? Thanks!

PyXML has not been actively maintained for some years now. Use ElementTree or
lxml instead.

http://codespeak.net/lxml

Stefan

Stefan Behnel

Thomas said:
But the problem is that I'm using some piece of code that needs pyxml.
Wouldn't be a problem if I was developing this project myself.

Ah, ok. I was just suggesting that you'd be very lucky if someone came up with
a fresh build or something...

Stefan