Q: Loading various Tables in DataSets from a single Join statement?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Sky, Jan 30, 2004.

  1. Sky

    Sky Guest

    Hello:
    Have a nagging question about creating disconnected DataSet queries...

    If you have a table called INodes of 10,000 records, and a Table called
    Clients of again 10,000 and a table called EditLog of 40,000 records...

    And if you could, via a DataReader join these and get back a recordset of
    about 50 records only...how are you suppossed to offer this in disconnected
    manner?

    In beginner books I see that I can still load one DataSet.Table with the
    join query -- and Count =50, fine, but that doesn't give me the features of
    a disconnected updating, when someone creates a new record (which has to
    trigger updates/appends of all 3 tables) since it is really one table.

    Then the other method is to load all 3 tables into separate tables in a
    dataset, and create Relationships between them... but that seems nuts if we
    are talking about an in-memory DataSet. This would mean I have 60,000
    records to add/update to from a pocketpc?!!!

    Any help on doing this would be -- a godsend! Thanks.
    Sky
    Sky, Jan 30, 2004