[Q] SOAP Server in Python

Discussion in 'Python' started by Eric, Mar 19, 2008.

  1. Eric

    Eric Guest

    What is the best, well supported, way to write a SOAP Server in
    Python? Where can a good example be found?
    I do have a WSDL file.

    In PHP5, it is rather trivial to write a SOAP server once one has a
    WSDL file. For example, a simple SOAP Server written using PHP5 might
    look like:

    <?PHP
    class MySoapServer {
    function ASoapFunction( $inParameter )
    {
    return 1;

    $ini = ini_set( "soap.wsdl_cache_enabled", "0" );
    $server = new SoapServer( "MySoapServer.wsdl" );
    $server->setClass( "MySoapServer" );
    $server->handle();
    ?>

    I am basically looking to do the same thing in Python as easily.

    Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

    thank you.

    Eric, Mar 19, 2008

  2. Eric

    Guest

    Re: SOAP Server in Python

    On Mar 19, 9:19 am, Eric <> wrote:

    > I am basically looking to do the same thing in Python as easily.
    >
    > Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

    Googling for "python soap" turned up a few hits that may help you.

    , Mar 19, 2008

  3. Eric

    Eric Guest

    Re: SOAP Server in Python

    On Mar 19, 10:59 am, wrote:
    > On Mar 19, 9:19 am, Eric <> wrote:
    >
    > > I am basically looking to do the same thing in Python as easily.

    > > Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

    > Googling for "python soap" turned up a few hits that may help you.

    Yes, but I don't have the knowledge to accurately or effectively
    evaluate the information. I was hoping someone here had some
    experience writing a SOAP Server using Python and would be willing to
    share what they know.

    Eric, Mar 19, 2008
  4. Eric

    Eric Guest