  1. Guest

    What are the qualified and unqualified types in C ?
    , Jul 8, 2005

  2. Suman Guest

    wrote:
    > What are the qualified and unqualified types in C ?

    I dont have a copy of the standard handy so I'll quote
    from my K&R2, which should help(and is self explanatory):
    A.4.4 Type Qualifiers

    An object's type may have additional qualifiers. Declaring an object
    const announces that its value will not be changed; declaring it
    volatile announces that it has special properties relevant to
    optimization. Neither qualifier affects the range of values or
    arithmetic properties of the object.

    A.8.2 Type Specifiers
    Types may also be qualified, to indicate special properties of the
    objects being declared.

    type-qualifier:
    const
    volatile

    Type qualifiers may appear with any type specifier. A const object may
    be initialized, but not thereafter assigned to. There are no
    implementation-dependent semantics for volatile objects.
    Suman, Jul 8, 2005