Query:how to use windows api in my c source code?

Richard Heathfield

Chris Hills said:
I am told that MS is very standards compliant these days.

They conform to the current de facto C Standard, C90, yes. They have
ignored C99, but so has everyone else, so that's okay.
BTW do MS do a C compiler?
Yes.

I thought it was C++

No, their C compiler is definitely a C compiler, not a C++ compiler.

Chris Hills

Richard Heathfield said:
Chris Hills said:

They conform to the current de facto C Standard, C90, yes. They have
ignored C99, but so has everyone else, so that's okay.

I think PJ Plauger said MS are very C99 compliant
I must dig out the email he said it in..

Richard Heathfield

Chris Hills said:
Richard Heathfield writes

I think PJ Plauger said MS are very C99 compliant

If so, and if he means that they have a conforming implementation (both
compiler and library), then that's very welcome news, but presumably
quite a late change. I must confess I have no Microsoft software dated
after 2005 (other than an occasional XP update, I guess), so it is
certainly possible that I am a little behind the curve.

Chris Hills

Richard Heathfield said:
Chris Hills said:

If so, and if he means that they have a conforming implementation (both
compiler and library), then that's very welcome news, but presumably
quite a late change. I must confess I have no Microsoft software dated
after 2005 (other than an occasional XP update, I guess), so it is
certainly possible that I am a little behind the curve.

I must admit I was surprised at the comment but he should know. It was
in an email posted to an NG where he named several compilers GCC, MS and
another and said how compliant they are to C89, 90, 99.

I have had a quick look for it but no lock.

I found the item I was looking for on languages and suitability for
safety critical It was in the IEE Computing and Control Journal Feb
2000 so it will only have covered C as C90/95

Kenny McCormack

Chris Hills said:
However I would not react to posters for being OT in the way you do, Be
nicer, more helpful. Some of the net nannies on here seem to have
personal problems.

Gee, ya think? The regs here are the very definition of case studies
in, as you charitably put it, personal problems.