query regarding perl module installation in local directory

contactviswa

I am a beginner in perl. I have been trying to install perl modules
XML::RegExp in my local directory. I followed a lot of literature on
the web. I used the sequence given by all of them: 1. Download and
untar and unzip the module 2. cd to the directory /home/daitav/xml/
temp/XML-RegExp-0.03 3. perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=/home/daitav/xml/temp
With this I tried LIB=/home/daitav/xml/temp once and INSTALLDIRS=/temp
options at different time. 4. make 5. make test 6. make install. When
I executed the last command I am always getting an error that I am
unable to write to the the place where actual perl libraries are
sitting and this does not point to my local directory(I donot recall
the path but these were what I found to be present in the @INC
variable). I tried finding out installation directory after using
PREFIX=/home/daitav/xml/temp. I got an 'undefined' for the
installuserbindirs. If I use the INSTALLDIR cmd line option then I get
make error that pure_temp_install rule was not found by pure_install
which is called in Makemaker.pm. I am unable to figure out where I am
going wrong or what I doing incorrect? Could you please let me know
what is the mistake I have committed? I am in an urgent need to use
this. Looking forward to your early responses, Thanks, Viswa.

frytaz

[...]

#!/usrbin/perl
use lib '/path/to/user/modules';
use XML::RegExp;