Question about forms authentication

Guest

Hi,

first i'm sorry for my bad english :)

I've been exploring asp.net for a quite time now but i'm not familiar with
the right way for creating big asp.net site and securing him. Yestuday i read
this :

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/PAGHT000014.asp

And i saw that the login control uses database that is common for all
aplications that use form authentication - "aspnetdb". Is this the right way
to do it? If I want to use different database (my database) how can i do this
when i'm using the login contol?

I don't have big expiriense with asp.net so i have another question is :
When you build big sites, is it good practise to use forms authentication and
what is the right way to do it.

What is the common way for seciring big asp.net sites? Is Form
Authentication easy to use and powerful enough to help.

I hope that you can help me..;)