Question About Minimum Spanning Tree

BigBaz

Given a graph G and a minimum spanning tree T, suppose that we
decrease the weight of one of the edges that is not in T. Give an
algorithm that finds the minimum spanning tree in the modified graph.

Thanks in advance.

Juha Nieminen

BigBaz said:
Given a graph G and a minimum spanning tree T, suppose that we
decrease the weight of one of the edges that is not in T. Give an
algorithm that finds the minimum spanning tree in the modified graph.

You are supposed to do your homework yourself, not ask others to do it
for you.

BigBaz

Yes, I will try to do it myself. But this algorithm is different from
the normal algorithm of finding mst, otherwise the question will just
ask me how to find a mst. So clearly there's some difference. Any help
would be appreciated.

Jeff_Schwab, is your algorithm efficient? Thanks!

Erik Wikström

Given a graph G and a minimum spanning tree T, suppose that we
decrease the weight of one of the edges that is not in T. Give an
algorithm that finds the minimum spanning tree in the modified graph.

T' = T
Thanks in advance.

Your welcome.