question about postback with client callback

David

Hello,

I know what is postback the whole page is submitted to the server for
processing. We can use Page.IsPostBack (vb.net) in order to check whether
the page is postbacked or whether its loaded the first time.

Now, when using client callback, there is only a part of the page postbacked
instead of the whole page. Can we stillconsider this as "postback"? I mean,
will the Page.IsPostBack also work with client callback, or only with a full
postback?

Thanks
David

Yes, most AJAX techniques will cause Page.IsPostBack to return true for
client callbacks too.