Question about radio buttons.

Ken Varn

This is probably a simple question, but I am new to this so bear with me.

I have a ASP.NET form that has a checkbox and a 2 radio buttons. When the
checkbox is checked, the 2 radio buttons are enabled using javascript. When
the checkbox is unchecked, the 2 radio button are disabled with javascript.

Here is the problem that I am seeing. When I submit the form with the radio
buttons disabled, the form returns with both radio buttons unchecked and
disabled. Next, if the checkbox is checked, the two radio buttons are
enabled by my javascript. If the user puts a check in one of the radio
buttons and does a submit, the server side does not see the check. When the
form returns back, both radio buttons are still unchecked. Does anyone have
any idea what is going on here?

--
-----------------------------------
Ken Varn

EmailID = varnk
Domain = Diebold.com
-----------------------------------

Curt_C [MVP]

if(!IsPostBack)

You are probably setting them as unchecked in the page_load.....

Guest

HI Curt,
I came across a script on your page below (Waiting Message)
Do you have the .Net version and what should be added to (ur time intensive
lookup here!!):-
<%@Language=VBScript%>
<%
Response.write "<div id=MyText>Please Wait...</div>"
Response.flush()
..... your time intensive lookup here...
%>
<script language=javascript>
document.all.MyText.style.display = 'none';
</script>

Curt_C said:
if(!IsPostBack)

You are probably setting them as unchecked in the page_load.....

Ken Varn

I am unsetting them on the client side in javascript.

--
Ken Varn

EmailID = varnk
Domain = Diebold.com