question about "same origin policy"

funktacular

Hi-
I have script that works fine when I run it from a server, but I need
to be able to load the page and have it work from my hard drive.
However, it seems the when the url changes from http://www.mydomain.com/default.html
to file:///D:/folder_name/default.html that the browser thinks the
frames are coming from different domains. I'm still pretty new to
javascript and I am wondering if there is a way around this so I can
load from my hard drive. I was looking into document.domain, but I am
not sure what I would set it to in this case or if it would even work.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ASM

(e-mail address removed) a écrit :
Hi-
I have script that works fine when I run it from a server, but I need
to be able to load the page and have it work from my hard drive.
However, it seems the when the url changes from http://www.mydomain.com/default.html
to file:///D:/folder_name/default.html that the browser thinks the
frames are coming from different domains.

Do you works with a PC ?
Do you works with Windows ?
Do you works with Windows XP ?
Do you works with Windows XP SP2 ?

Yes ?

Try with this line in your files :

<!-- saved from url(0013)about:internet -->

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883866/

funktacular

(e-mail address removed) a écrit :

Do you works with a PC ?
Do you works with Windows ?
Do you works with Windows XP ?
Do you works with Windows XP SP2 ?

Yes ?

Try with this line in your files :

<!-- saved from url(0013)about:internet -->

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883866/

That appears to be related to some sort of MS Acess issue, the problem
I am having seems to be some sort of cross domain issue. The error I
get when I run it locally is "Error: uncaught exception: Permission
denied to get property Window.processXML". Am I missing something?

ASM

Randy Webb a écrit :
(e-mail address removed) said the following on 5/13/2007 3:07 PM:

Search the c.l.j archives
for "Mark of the web" and you can read all about it. It won't solve your
problem though.

Yes, as the original page is on a server, the second page is on a
different domain (the local file system).

We cannot more open in an iframe a file coming from another domain than
this of main page ?
In local my main page can by JS script open Google in its iframe
(Firefox 2.0.0.3)
In same situation I've understood IE Win XPSP2 won't it without that
famous mark. Isn't it the case ?

If it is to open a local file from a server, I hope that it is still
forbidden, even with a "mark" whatever it is.