Question about XMLRPC

i.sheeha

Hello,
I should write a python script(s) that listens to an existing XMLRPC service on my company's dev server.My utility should take some data from that XMLRPC, send it to an online xml service provider(it's something about hotel accomodation, where they have xml patterns for different requests), then they return their response to me, also in xml data interchange format.then i should parse that and return to the existing XML-RPC, or write the parsed data to the Posgresql database.The thing is, i know something about XML parsing, i know also something about XMLRPC, but i'm not permitted to edit the existing XMLRPC service.Can anyone just tell me what is the shortest and thebest solution for this problem?

Gregory Ewing

I should write a python script(s) that listens to an existing XMLRPC
service on my company's dev server.
then i should parse that and return to the existing XML-RPC,
or write the parsed data to the Posgresql database.
but i'm not permitted to edit the existing XMLRPC service.

It's not clear exactly what you mean by this. Are you trying
to intercept XMLRPC requests sent to an existing service and
do something different with them?

To do that without modifying the existing service, you would
need to change your web server's configuration to redirect
the url of the service to a handler of your own. Are you
able to do that, or get your administrators to do it?

Ferrous Cranus

Στις 29/8/2013 2:54 μμ, ο/η Gregory Ewing έγÏαψε:
It's not clear exactly what you mean by this. Are you trying
to intercept XMLRPC requests sent to an existing service and
do something different with them?

To do that without modifying the existing service, you would
need to change your web server's configuration to redirect
the url of the service to a handler of your own. Are you
able to do that, or get your administrators to do it?
test

Ferrous Cranus

Στις 29/8/2013 3:35 μμ, ο/η Ferrous Cranus έγÏαψε:
Στις 29/8/2013 2:54 μμ, ο/η Gregory Ewing έγÏαψε:
test
test

Ferrous Cranus

Στις 29/8/2013 6:30 μμ, ο/η Ferrous Cranus έγÏαψε: