    [Assembly].LoadFrom("http://localhost/powerweb/powerconsole.exe")
    Close()
    End Sub
    VB Programmer, Sep 30, 2003

  2. I thought this behavior was by design.

    I wouldn't want a link to install something on my machine automatically.
    Imagine if you went to a page, and they have a window.location =
    http://microsoft.com/virus.exe in the load event.

    You wouldn't want it to automatically install.

    Or so I would think.

    bill

    "VB Programmer" <> wrote in message
    > I have a winform app that I want to auto-update whenever there is a new
    > version on the web server.
    >
    > I realize that I can have a shortcut pointing to, for example,
    > http://locahost/myweb/MyApp.exe. But, I always get the "Open" or "Save

    as"

    William F. Robertson, Jr., Sep 30, 2003