QUESTION: how to add/remove classes to web browsers Javascriptimplementation?

JJ

Hi all

is it possible to add or remove classes from any of the common web
browsers (IE, Chrome, Opera, etc) Javascript implementation?

In this case I mean, if you are the admin user on your own system, can
you make your web browser to run a more restricted version (with
functionality removed) of Javascript?

Or is it possible to include your own Javascript into the browser
library?

Or alternatively, can the browser Javascript be replaced with your own
version (or someone elses version) for any browser?

I understand that this may not be a very safe or good thing to do but
this sounds like an interesting experiment to do. So any pointers to
material on how this could be done is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Joe Nine

JJ said:
Hi all

is it possible to add or remove classes from any of the common web
browsers (IE, Chrome, Opera, etc) Javascript implementation?

In this case I mean, if you are the admin user on your own system, can
you make your web browser to run a more restricted version (with
functionality removed) of Javascript?

Or is it possible to include your own Javascript into the browser
library?

Or alternatively, can the browser Javascript be replaced with your own
version (or someone elses version) for any browser?

I understand that this may not be a very safe or good thing to do but
this sounds like an interesting experiment to do. So any pointers to
material on how this could be done is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

On Firefox you can add functionality with JavaScript via Grease Monkey.
Just install GM and make your own scripts, very easy. As for the other
browsers, I think it can only be done via plugins.

Joe Nine

Joe said:
On Firefox you can add functionality with JavaScript via Grease Monkey.
Just install GM and make your own scripts, very easy. As for the other
browsers, I think it can only be done via plugins.

Before someone points out that Grease Monkey is also a plugin, yes it
is, but it allows you the user to just add script to do what you want.
You don't have to write your own plugin.

Is there an equivalent of grease monkey on any other unrelated browser?